Are you an educator who wants to offer Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTLs) at your institution?
- Help you to establish an LCTL program so your school can offer cutting-edge languages
- Provide training materials for program and class design
- Connect you with other SILP program directors
- Recommend class materials and language examiners
- Consult with you one-on-one on pedagogical matters
- Help you expand your offerings amid university budget cuts
- Network you with key government personnel and other NASILP members at our annual conference in Washington, DC
- Give your students a leg up in the global job market
November 04 - November 05, 2016 at the Hilton Crystal City in Arlington, VA
For hotel reservation:
Please reserve your room by October 5th, 2016.
The annual NASILP two-day Conference and Workshop takes place every fall in the Washington, DC metro area. Membership with NASILP is not required.
Please register for the conference by October 20th, 2016.
The conference is especially informative for new and prospective members, whom we strongly urge to attend. The conference covers topics such as program design, budgeting, implementation of new language offerings, student orientation, the role of the Tutor and responsibilities of the Coordinator and Examiner.
The Association's annual meeting will feature presentations reflecting current research on issues pertinent to academically-based self-accessed programs for LCTLs. The meeting provides access to nationally-recognized scholars in the fields of pedagogy, design, materials development, instructional technologies, program administration, and establishes channels through which the special concerns and expertise of NASILP's institutional members are shared.